New career in software engineering? We are hiring!
Right Revenue is a Northern Ireland-based software start-up that empowers small and medium hotels to maximise their revenue and market share by analysing their reservations and market conditions; offering insights, analytics and recommendations based on this data. We’re already making waves in the hotel industry with clients in the UK and Ireland and we are just getting started. We have ambitious plans to grow our product and our team over the next twelve months and we would love you to help us grow.
We have the culture of a start-up which means there is lots to do and the working environment is dynamic. We don’t have meetings for the sake of meetings: we want to spend our time getting stuff done! Everyone has a voice on our team and we love new ideas. Our product is great and the opportunities for development and growth are huge. We want to find someone who really wants to be part of something new – something that you can be proud of and say you were responsible for developing. We want someone to be as excited as we are about making Right Revenue great! So if this is the environment you would like to be part of then we would love to hear from you.
We want the most creative, ambitious and motivated Principal Engineer to join us in creating a truly modern Software-as-a-Service application to serve thousands of properties around the globe, and help small and medium hotels compete in this fierce marketplace.
Leading a small but growing team we need someone who not only can take the reins and lead a highly motivated team, but is also prepared to ‘get in the trenches’ and build code when needed.
If you have the skill to lead a team and develop fast, robust software based on RESTful web services and efficient, fault-tolerant data importers and integration tools; – then we want to hear from you.
About the job
Our goals are ambitious, our technology is exciting and our customers are demanding. If this sounds like the challenge you enjoy, we’ll reward you with:
- A great salary – £55,000/£60,000 for the right candidate
- Career Progression – a chance to grow the role to CTO level as the business and you progress
- Employee Stock Options for the right candidate – own a slice of the company and reap the rewards of our collective success.
- Choose your own hardware – Windows, Mac, Linux. Setup your working environment exactly as you want it, with support in choosing the very best.
- Work alongside the CEO to deliver excellent quality software to agreed deadlines
- Elicit, capture and validate user requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the team to architect, design and deliver sound, well-tested software against requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Create unit tests, functional tests and automations to ensure quality of the delivered product
- Work with the wider team and external stakeholders to refine and improve the product with your own ideas
- The opportunity to develop new working practices and internal tools to improve the development process continuously.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading an engineering team
- Excellent communication and organisation skills with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- 3 years + professional software development experience
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL/MySQL/MariaDB – 2 years +
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux server environments
- Big Data/analytics
- Hospitality IT systems
- Micro Services Architecture
- Integrating with third-party systems
- Agile development workflow
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
If you are interested, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are excited to hear from you!