New career in software engineering? We are hiring!
Right Revenue is a Northern Ireland-based software start-up that empowers small and medium hotels to maximise their revenue and market share by analysing their reservations and market conditions; offering insights, analytics and recommendations based on this data. We’re already making waves in the hotel industry with clients in the UK and Ireland, as well as on the continent. We are just getting started, and we have ambitious plans to grow our product and our team over the next twelve months.
We have the culture of a start-up which means there is lots to do and the working environment is dynamic. We don’t have meetings for the sake of meetings: we want to spend our time getting stuff done! Everyone has a voice on our team and we love new ideas. Our product is great and the opportunities for development and growth are huge. We want to find someone who really wants to be part of something new – something that you can be proud of and say you were responsible for developing. We want someone to be as excited as we are about making Right Revenue great! So if this is the environment you would like to be part of then we would love to hear from you.
If you have the skill to design and develop fast, robust software based on RESTful web services and efficient, fault-tolerant data importers and integration tools; the motivation to work on your own initiative and deliver on your promises and to deadlines, and the tenacity to work as part of a very small team at a technology start-up – then we want to hear from you.
We know that the very best developers don’t use just one tool, or language – so if you have the experience and the engineering chops to deliver our objectives, but you don’t have the level of experience in our particular stack, then talk to us anyway. We believe in thinking outside the box!
We want the most creative, ambitious and motivated software engineers to join us in creating a truly modern Software-as-a-Service application to serve thousands of properties around the globe, and help small and medium hotels compete in this fierce marketplace.
About the job
Our goals are ambitious, our technology is exciting and our customers are demanding. If this sounds like the challenge you enjoy, we’ll reward you with:
- A generous salary – £30,000-£40,000 – for the right candidate
- Choose your own hardware – Windows, Mac, Linux. Setup your working environment exactly as you want it, with support in choosing the very best.
- Employee Stock Options – own a slice of the company and reap the rewards of our collective success.
- Flexible working – we always do our best work when we are together, but if you need to start late or leave early or work occasionally from home, we are happy to be as flexible as possible
- Want to learn – we are happy to help you develop your skillset
- Deliver excellent quality software to agreed deadlines
- Elicit, capture and validate user requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Architect, design and deliver sound, well-tested software against requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Create unit tests, functional tests and automations to ensure quality of the delivered product
- Work with the wider team and external stakeholder to refine and improve the product with your own ideas
- Work with the Principal Developer, and the engineering team to develop new working practices and internal tools to improve the development process continuously.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- 3 years + professional software development experience
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL/MySQL/MariaDB – 2 years +
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux server environments
- Big Data/analytics
- Hospitality IT systems
- Micro Services Architecture
- integrating with third-party systems
- Agile development workflow
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com – we are excited to hear from you!