Right Revenue is a Northern Ireland-based software start-up that empowers small and medium hotels to maximise their revenue and market share by analysing their reservations and market conditions; offering insights, analytics and recommendations based on this data. We’re already making waves in the hotel industry with clients in the UK and Ireland, as well as on the continent. We are just getting started, and we have ambitious plans to grow our product and our team over the next twelve months.
We want the most creative, ambitious and motivated software engineers to join us in creating a truly modern Software-as-a-Service application to serve thousands of properties around the globe, and help small and medium hotels compete in this fierce marketplace.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced software developer, with demonstrable experience in a commercial, ideally agile software environment, and with a keen interest in data science. If you can speak fluently about the selection and application of appropriate machine learning algorithms, articulate informed opinions on data visualisation techniques, and show an informed attitude to the state-of-the-art, then we’d love to hear from you.
We know that the very best developers don’t use just one tool, or language – so if you have the experience and the engineering chops to deliver our objectives, but you don’t have the level of experience in our particular stack, then talk to us anyway. We believe in thinking outside the box!
About the job
Our goals are ambitious, our technology is exciting and our customers are demanding. If this sounds like the challenge you enjoy, we’ll reward you with:
- Flexible working – collaborating in the office how we get our best work done, but when you want to work from home, or start or finish a little earlier or later that’s OK too.
- Choose your own hardware – Windows, Mac, Linux. Setup your working environment exactly as you want it, with support in choosing the very best.
- Employee Stock Options – own a slice of the company and reap the rewards of our collective success.
- Deliver excellent quality software to agreed deadlines
- Elicit, capture and validate user requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Architect, design and deliver sound, well-tested software against requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Create unit tests, functional tests and automations to ensure quality of the delivered product.
- Research and apply machine learning techniques to the challenges raised by our customer requirements.
- Work with the wider team and external stakeholder to refine and improve the product with your own ideas
- Work with the CTO, and the Engineering Team to develop new working practices and internal tools to improve the development process continuously.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- 3 years + professional software development experience
- Python – working knowledge
- PHP – working knowledge
- SQL/MySQL/MariaDB – 2 years +
- Familiarity with Linux server environments
- Machine Learning Algorithms – specifically Decision Tree/Random Forest
- Data Visualisation
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Big Data/analytics
- Hospitality IT systems
- Amazon Web Services, Laravel and Docker
- Micro Services Architecture
- integrating with third-party systems
- Agile development workflow
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com – we are excited to hear from you!